Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ashly: Final day.

The bridge program has taught me alot about myself as well as teaching me good study habits. Since the begining of this program, my old habbits have gone away. I know stidy efficently. I have also learned alot about time managment. I have gotten into a routine where I can balance everything. I have set aside time to study and do homework, that has helped me improve significantly.It has taught me how to prepare for what is to come once school starts. It has also taught me to excpect more out of myself. Even if I do okay work, I know look at it and know I can do better, and work to improve. My life doesn't revolve around things that are errevlient to me. I now know what is important. I have schedualed time in my day to do things I enjoy as well as do my school work, which I never did before.
If I could have the perfect semester it would be to have a schedual where I can fit all my school work and study time, but also to have time left to do things involving my major,to get to know everything that there is to do. I want to be able to explore my major and find new oppertunities for myself. I also want to have time left in my week to do activities that will help me become a better person. I think planning a realistic time schedual will help me do all of the tings I need to do, as well as all of the things I want to do. I think my biggest obstackle will be getting used to the transtions of class, going from high school to college. The time will be so much different. Planning ahead of time will help me fill in my time schedual and keep me on task. I think bridge has prepared me alot for what to expect and what type of work load to expect. Precautions I can take now so I don't fall behind are to begin to plan my time, like we already have in class. I think having to do that really opened up my eyes to how important it is too actually do. I believe everything I do and how secessful I will be all has to do with how well I manage my time. I am here for school and to get a better education and to become the best I can possibly be at what I want to do. Everything that got in my way in high school is not an option anymore, the bridge program helped to realize that. A problem I may personally have is going home to see my family. I know I have plenty of time to get school work done on the bus ride to and from. It is a five hour bus ride, I can do some work on the bus, I would rather use my time to get things done then, rather than to waste my time. I have been home nearly every weekend since the begining of bridge, I have gotten all my work done on the bus so I already know it is a setting where I can work efficently. Although during the semester I do not plan to go home s often as I did during the bridge program. I know it is important to do my homework and study, so that will be my first priority when planning my time mangement schedual. The bridge program has helped me significantly learn how to become a better student, it has helped me correct my old habbits, and over all I strongly believe I have benefitted from taking this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment