Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 13: Richard


Allie’s Response

Truthfully I have falsely judged some people based on their actions but never saw their other side. Really I feel guilty of doing it but Ms. Atkintonde said it is the 7/11 rule. People are prone to judge someone based off the vibe you give off and your image right off the back; it’s just the way of the world and human nature. No one really understands anyone deep enough until they tell you there story and in a way we all give off a single story without speaking, we all come up with assumptions in our minds before we say anything. I have been falsely judge plenty of times because of a piece of paper basically saying I’m stupid. Grades in high school gave off a vibe to teachers that he won’t be able to pass, he can’t learn, he is lazy, all of the above; so they never take time with you, ask if you need help, they just sit back and relax till that paycheck comes in. I see now that I have to change this number to a higher number just so I can get the respect I deserve; teachers know I’m a smart kid I just don’t apply it to the best of my abilities because I figure that they don’t care and I believe it. I feel dumb now and all the risk I see myself going through but I still keep my head up during the time being because I know that I’m the one who can change me, nobody else.

Bashkim’s Response

When I talk about how I feel I kind let it get to me sometimes; coming up in a rough area and dealing with issues in the house all at the same is frustrating. I now that it can be resolved but how can I change it. Well my plan to solve all my problems is to go to college. I figured that if I go I can make my parents proud, I’m on my own which so I don’t have to rely on my mother to take care of me and when I graduate I can support my family as they did for me. See when I talk about my situation I see it in a positive way beside looking down on it and putting myself down because I know I can change the outcome. People think of my outcome and see that it isn’t a pleasant one but only I can determine that. When people here my story they kind of understand me more as a person besides just seeing my image and what I talk about in normal conversation. Truthfully to a certain extant I would tell someone to let out there feeling because you get that weight off your shoulders you feel kind of relieved to let people understand where you are coming from besides being quiet and concealed; that’s when people just start to judge you and you’ll get angry because you know that’s not who you are. Understanding oneself can really make an impact on your life but since we are all young we are still in the process of finding who we are as a person.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pic bro. We all make that first reaction about people. Most of the time it be the worse impression on people. There is never always a good impression at first glance. But the good thing about it is if you get to know the person longer you will get to know that he is better that you thought he/she was. I been facially judgesd cause of a peice of paper too. They say im special ed and everything but im smart as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah everyone gets and every does judge whether we own up to it or not. Sometimes we just gotta learn to get to know a person before we start thinking we have them figured out

    ReplyDelete