Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 13 response

In Persepolis their are characters in the book that are being judged for no reason. One of the characters that I felt that is being judged was Marjane because when her parents brought her clothes and sneakers. She was walking down the street and her style looked like a punk. And she could get in trouble. When she was walking the fundamentalist women stopped her and told her why she was dressed like a punk. And how they forced her to get into the car Marjane was scared because the women could of took her in without her parents knowing. And marjane cried telling them to let her go home. The women were very strict on her they let her go home. It affected Marajne because what if she would of been taken away with the women. She could of been in danger and in I opinion I think she should of never dressed In her 0wn style because she should realize that the fundamentalist are strict about the way a woman dresses even a man. And I think that she realized it after she went home. I think that Marjane wants to show people that she is herself and even though her country wearing certain things is forbidden or listening to music etc. And I think that she wants to prove to people that she can her rebellious side to things like wearing her outfit. Also when she was in school she always spoke on her mind on what she believed in. She got in trouble for it but she still stood up and made her honest opinion and I think that what she says is true because she seen how the war affected people so much. And she is not afraid to hold back anything she has a mind on her own and isn't afraid to speak out by herself. And I feel that it makes her stronger. I have falsely judge someone when I thought they were a different nationality I asked that person if they were mixed and he took it seriously. I was just asking I didn't mean to be mean or just to because. I was wondering it's like I been falsely judged so many times because this lady that I didn't know tell me yea your not Latina you don't look one.I told her I am mixed and she didn't believe me I was mad because you can't just judge people because the way we look. I told her it's not her business and I was talking Spanish to my friend and then the lady apologized to me. I just ignored her it's like it doesn't matter what you wear how you look or the way you talk we are who we are. And I am who I am I feel that sometimes we judge people falsely but when I asked that girl I wasn't trying to be judging her a mean way. I understand how she felt and I don't want to judge anybody. I just feel that everybody has their own style and is unique in their own way. And I told myself that I'm not going to let nobody bring me down if they ever judged me in any way. Because I know that we don't like to be judged I been judged over my tattoos a lot because I was told it was ghetto and like I said I think it's wrong for people to assume that or think that it was a bad thing. And it makes me think why can't they see it from my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment