Thursday, August 12, 2010

Leaves are all you see

Having to be in the bridge program is a good opportunity for me. People may think it is a bad thing but I don't look at it that way. I view it as preparation for the future. Many would think that the reason I am a part of this program is because I am one of those kids who do not give a damn and not take school seriously. The thing is that I actually do give a damn about school because if I didn't, I would not have taken this great opportunity to be in the program. It is not that I do not take school seriously, but I feel that the whole scene just ate me up and got caught up with too much. I would think that people say that I am not grateful for having the opportunity to get an education but I do appreciate the fact that I do have a chance of getting an education and that is why I am going to college. It is also about what people see on the outside. They see long hair tight pants and sometimes a skateboard. Many people think whoever dresses like that are those kids are the scum of the earth and are straight up failures. They are wrong in so many levels. Image does not matter one bit because it is all about what is inside and not many people will get the chance to look and not realize the kind of person I really am. What people say about others is what they really stick to thinking until they actually meet the person. But since they never really do get the chance to meet the person, they still think what they have been thinking the whole time. If what people thought about me was true, I would not be the person I am today and I definitely would not be here taking this opportunity to better myself and go to college to make something of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment