Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bashkim Day 13 Response

Allie
When people are judged; they don’t feel too good about themselves and when they are being judged, they don’t feel like themselves. Many of the characters in true notebooks are being judged constantly and it takes a toll on them in many different ways dealing with emotions like self confidence and pressure. If they feel like they are judged they might just play along with the role they are given from others and they might not care because they feel like it is pointless trying to be you when others see a different person on the outside. This relates with pressure in some ways because the boys try to be who they really are; but since people don’t see that, they might feel like they have to be someone else. Being judged makes you feel like people do not want to take the time to get to know you and that brings down the self confidence in you. In true notebooks, the boys are proving to Mark that they are not just some gang bangers from the streets but instead are kids that are full of life that made mistakes. I feel that them being in a writing class shows that they are trying to bring out their true selves and having this writing class is very helpful. In Mark’s writing class, the boys take off their masks and show their faces. What the boys are doing in the class is that they are showing their true colors and not just some colors they mixed together that look cool. There was this one kid in my study hall in freshman year. He wore all black day by day and chains around his pants with straight black hair down to the shoulders. I thought to myself why he dressed in a certain way. But freshman year I was more ignorant that I am today. When I first saw him, my first impressions was; here’s someone that must feel pain a lot because of the things they go through and another thing what how to me it seemed like he wasn’t really full of life and all he wanted to do was punch life in the face and thank it for giving him a crappy life. Later on in high school, some of my friends would talk to him and stuff that was when I knew that he was their friend. I gave him a chance and decided to talk to him. The second impression was so much different than the first. He was optimistic and a very funny guy. He was pretty cool and we had plenty of things in common concerning music and the way thought about things. It made me feel horrible because when I first saw him I never thought I would talk to him and that really angered me because I never thought I’d be such an idiot by thinking something about someone that I had no clue what they were all about. It made me realize that people are way more than what they look like. Realizing that helped me bring more people into my life and experiencing this, helped me in a way.
Bashkim
When I was having problems in life, I had a hard time talking to people about it because I am one of those people that tend to keep things bottled up inside. One day I decide to talk about how I felt and the outcome of it was a great feeling. It was like all of the tension inside of me magically disappeared. Having this talk made me feel a lot better. You always need someone to talk to no matter who you are. Getting things out in the open is one of the best things you can do if you want to feel better about yourself or just something in general. After that experience, it made me realize that I can talk to people about my problems. Of course you have to know who to talk to about it but once you find that one person, you will be fine. For all of the people that keep emotions inside, I recommend that they find someone they can talk to because it will feel great once everything is in the open. And feeling good about yourself helps you with a lot of things that you wouldn’t have thought of like the potential you have. Also just knowing there is someone there that you can talk to makes you feel better about yourself because you know that someone cars and that makes you think about the people in this society which helps you invite more guests into your life; the more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment