Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kyle Rich- LAST BRIDGE RESPONSE

Over the entire course of bridge and prepping for my college experience, i have witnessed and experienced independence like none other. I know my study habits as in when is best for me, and when is worst, and especially my environment where i plan to study. I’ve always known in college that you have the option to not show up to class or get loaded instead of doing a homework assignment; however I’ve never experienced it. Now after realizing it first hand, i know that i have the desire, motivation, will, and ambition to do everything accordingly. It is too soon to say, but in my heart and mind, i have already vowed to never miss a class unless I’m too sick to stand up straight. I know and have partaken in all the typical college banter that is prevalent during down time, and i have and know i can still party and fool around, just as long as i get my things done first. And that’s how it's worked. I still think though before September 7th, i could still put in more study time and effort as it could never hurt.




I close my eyes and imagine my perfect semester. Coming to class accordingly, make tight with my professors, not only do my work, but kick ass as well, making connections, joining clubs and organizations, starting my portfolio of my writings and works, get published, begin to know the city like the back of my hand, and keep close and busy with multiple small circles of groups and friends.



The only thing i am worried about is my "fuck it" attitude that i can develop. I am glad to say that my three and a half weeks in Chicago, i have not come close to having a bad day, and i am going to plan my best to keep it that way for the rest of the time i am here. But once in awhile when i get extremely down, or depressed, i lose focus of what is important around me, and i feel like it could affect my school work in a negative way if this happens. I really need to hold high to my priorities, and do my best to keep two personas. One is my in class persona, where the outside world doesn’t matter one bit, and i try to stay professional as humanly possibly while at the same time trying to deliver smiles to those nearby and try to have a good time while doing it. This goes for studying and creative expression as well. However, when i am in my other persona, i try to be as least serious as possible and even to the extent of being a moderate jackass once in a blue moon. All my problems and attitudes will be left with the guy who has nothing to really worry about or anything to do, and i think this balance of two Kyle's can work out to not only his academic life, but his personal one as well.

P.S. - Props to Hafizah and Izzy who at times have made us push ourselves quite hard, but all the while meant nothing but good intentions to find our true college potential, and want to see us do nothing but strive. I love you guys and not only hope to have you as teachers for the future, but keep in touch as well. You guys are great (Except if you fail me of course and then i will hate ya'll forever :)

2 comments:

  1. Man I got the same fuck it attitude bro. I think we both will overcome it however and stay on our grind. I mean we can always help each other out

    ReplyDelete
  2. us journalists gotta stick together

    ReplyDelete