Thursday, August 26, 2010

Final Day: Richard


Final Response

During the course of the bridge program I learned a lot about myself, my surroundings, expectations and the school of my dreams. I thought that my time here would be easy and I shouldn't have to worried so much but when I got here it was a whole other story. Waking up everyday like my old high school routine, making sure I got to class on time and made sure my work was efficient and on time as well. I learned that college is not like high school and you have a lot of free time to spare but you have to use your time wisely. I need to let go of all my lazy habits not just a specific habit, all of them because I know that if I still carry the same tendencies then I probably will be another bridge student who is going to drop out of college which is not an option for me. All the good habits I need to kick in even during the weeks of welcome because there is no time to slack not one minute of my teachers time. I learned how to develop these good tendencies during the bridge program so hopefully as I pass on to be a undergraduate I'll still have those same good habits to show in my classes.

The perfect semester... hmm well I could really explain the perfect semester for me unless there was less school work and more free time but that's my lazy side talking to me. I know that later on as I progress further into school my issues will decrease because of the maturity that I will begin to increase. I would want to challenge myself more than to keep the same lazy schedule of not having classes when really I should be having them inserted in for my years to come. I feel like I finally proved myself that I can do anything that's possible no matter how impossible it may sound. Breaking barriers, pushing limits they all can back fire and it has happened sometimes before but I still keep my head up through the turmoil.

Of course nobody is perfect, I myself is no where near perfect but I know I try to be the best I can be at what I do. Time has flew by and now it really is time for the big leagues and I hoping to make a great rookie debut for Columbia College Chicago. My biggest impediment in school was my sleeping schedule; it's very hard to adjust sleeping hours especially now that my classes are going to be very separated. I know already for a fact that academically during the school I'll be at my best, every kid has high grades when school starts but it is the problem of maintaining them throughout the semester and semesters to come. Personally I'll be great, I'm very social, I'm not hard to make friends with but if you start to be too much then I might just have to let you go. Now I'll be making changes to clean my ways of learning because of I can't understand and correct myself how am I suppose to learn from somebody else. This year is going to be great I can feel and its hard to describe in words but I hope everyone does great and stays in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment