Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 10: Chris

Eli Response:

Sadly enough Marjane already went through a similar situation when her uncle became a prisoner of war and was later executed. Long story short she took the news very hard and it affected her in ways she hasn't yet admitted. Her views on God changed drastically to the point where he basically isn't in her life anymore. To imagine if her parents were to be the next victims would be horrifying, seeing as she went through so much with losing her uncle. To be honest if anything were to happen to Marjane's parents I think it would change her completely as a person since everything she does is mainly to make her parents happy. They are her biggest influence and without them she simply wouldn't be Marjane. Marjane lives through her parents and if anything upsets them it upsets her. If she was to lose them her views and maybe even her will to fight against things she doesn't believe in would just die out as well. I don't even want to think about my parents dying in any form of fashion, since it's so hard to think about going through life without them. I really couldn't handle a sudden change like losing them without some kind of help from my other family members. Every day the fact of just knowing they not there would probably eat me alive. Every one close to their parents will probably feel the same, because as mentioned before those are the people we get most of our influence and inspiration from and when they die or get killed I think a little of our self dies as well. It's just with time we learn to deal with it better.

Response to myself:

I think every change Marjane is going through on the inside and out is all for the better. As the story goes on I see her doing nothing but becoming a stronger young woman. She impresses me with her defying of temptation even when she's staring it in the face. I believe her outside appearance is changing just because she's allowed to do what she wants now with her hair, clothes, etc. She is showing that she has freedom now but isn't going overboard with it as well. I too went through a change when I was younger, but it wasn't positive in any way possible. From 7th to 11th grade I was what they refer to as a "bad seed" seeing as the only thing I seemed to be good at was getting at trouble. Suspensions from school became common and even expulsion. Needless to say me and my parents weren't happy with this at all. But luckily I eventually changed again but this time for the better. I became the hard working student a once was and all the trouble just seemed to just have vanished. It seems that even if you make bad decisions there is always time to fix this. With Marjane if she so happens to make a bad decision she still has the chance to bounce right back up and fix it. This shows that change is temporary and that another one can happen at any second, so even though I think right now Marjane is changing for the better she quickly do something to make me think other wise. I'm just hoping she doesn't

1 comment:

  1. Chris-
    I agree with you. I depend on my parents so much, I wouldn't be able to go through life without them. I liked how you said you started out one way and ended up a completely different person. Not everyone has the strength to do that. I also liked how you noticed that change is temporary. Nothing is for sure.

    ReplyDelete