Thursday, August 12, 2010

So you think you know me- Megan Schaus

Everyone has their own sterotype. At a first glance, many people probably think I am the materalistic type. A girly girl, obsessed with cheerleading, and her Coach purse. I'm not going to completely disagree with everything, but there is alot more to me than brands and pom poms. I was a cheerleader for three years, but then found my passion in ice skating. After that, I decided to give swimming a try. For the past twelve years, I have been competing in skating competitions as well as swimming competitions. I don't think people would be able to see me as a swimmer or skater, but it is what makes up a large part of me. I don't know what I would do without my skates and goggles.
Overall, I would consider myself a girly girl. In high school, I was very social, and loved being with my friends. One thing that was disappointing, is some people at school considered me to be a mean girl, which I wasn't true at all. It was the company I kept, which made them think this about me. I love meeting new people, and making new friends.
If this is where I'm supposed to say I hate brands and labels, its not gonna happen! I'm obsessed with fashion. From closets to run ways, I love it all. I have to admit, I consider quality over quantity, so I do end up spending money on brand named things. People always assume I am spoiled, rich, and I get money handed to me like a kleenex, false! I come from a traditional family, divorced parents, and everything that comes along with it. I chose not to take money from anyone, but to work for everything I get. I currently work at Abercrombie, and this takes up most of my time. I have made so many friends from working here. My job has really benefitted me, and has forced me to grow up.
Judging someone is a terrible thing to do, yet we all are guilty of it. It is sad that we label people we don't even know, by the way they look. You miss out on knowing some great people, that you won't get the chance to meet again. The next time you want to judge someone, and point your finger at them, always remember there are three fingers pointing back at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment