Monday, August 16, 2010

Georges Response Day 10

Chris's Question:

One of the boys in Mark's writing class, Francisco, seems to be a changing person. When we first met Francisco in True Notebooks he was the one in the class who felt like the leader. Francisco was sometimes out of hand during class, or he said things that were completely unnecessary. He still says some things that are pretty outrageous but if anything he's trying to make a point. Mark should be held responsible for this great change because Mark brings with him not just notepads and pencils, but influence and professionalism. Francisco has kept his comments down and now brings more of an adult attitude to the table. This being positive, I also have changed for the better. Over the course of years I've become less worried about the little things. I always had something to complain about or something to make me unhappy, or at least a little less happy. Now I just take things as they are and I don't sweat it. I don't know what made me such a negative person, I don't even know what made me change. I am very happy that I did changed this part of who I used to be. The everyday negativity goes down and the happiness stays up.

Eli's Question:

If one of Mark's students were to be taken to go to prison for life he would be crushed. Taking that job, that's one of the things that's expected but I don't think Mark has even thought about that. Going to class after the fact of someone leaving would be very dull, no one would talk much. After a lock down the kids are just barely conversational. Harsh reality would set in because I feel Mark is forgetting what they are really there for. In Mark's shoes I wouldn't be teaching the class after someone left. These kids would become close, like you're in a normal school forgetting what they really did. It would be like taking a close friend away. When harsh reality hits again, I would think about when the time comes when all of the kids are sentenced. Maybe a new lineup of kids would show up but will they have the same mentality? questions like this would lead me to leaving the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment