Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 12: Allie

In True Notebooks, all of the characters are anxious as they await their trials.  As it gets closer to their trials, the stress and tension builds up within themselves and between each other.  Jimmy Wu was near his trial when he was caught doing drugs and was sent to the box.  As if he didn't have enough stress dealing with his upcoming trial,  hewas now in trouble for drugs; something he could've done without.  I think the impatience and waiting tied with his anxiety and pressure pushed him to do the drugs and knowing that he might never get out of prison also didn't help.  I can't imagine what waiting around for your sentence would do to you.  They already sit around on a daily basis just waiting to get out, but to know that your trial is coming up and the waiting process might only continue can be really hard on a person.

Everytime I audition for something I always feel like I'm waiting forever.  Last year, I auditioned for the dance competition company at my studio.  There were only five spots and twenty people auditioned.  I felt like my whole dance career was hanging in the balance just while I was standing and waiting for my number to be called.  After every combination I would question myself and beat myself up about what I did wrong and how the judges probably noticed all of my mistakes.  Then waiting to hear back from them was the worst.  I would keep checking my phone and my e-mail to make sure I didn't miss anything, but on the other hand I was also worried that they would never call and that I would just be rejected.  Whenever you're waiting for something it feels like the time goes by even slower than usual and you're always on the edge of your seat waiting to see if the answer you want is the answer you're going to get.  Once I finally found out that I had made the company, I was relieved and thankful and realized that when you have to wait for something, you appreciate it that much more when you get it.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I felt like at cheer try outs it was the most nerve racking thing. I always thought everyone else was better. Waiting to hear back was always the longest part. I would get so stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you completely on waiting for something that you really want. I can relate to it because I'm going through it right now as we go through the bridge program. I hate the fact that we work so hard to get something but seem to have doubt that we might not get it. But I always keep my head up in situations just like this because it kind of builds character and show that there is hope for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete