Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 12 Ashlys Quesiton-Megan Schaus

I think that one person, that isn't thought about much is Mark. Awaiting the results of the trails is definitely considered difficult for the boys, but it affects Mark as well. I don't think Mark gets nearly enough credit for the impact he has made on the inmates. He has formed Central into a much better place, by providing the writing class. It must be very difficult for him to await the results of the trial, considering how far their relationships have come. I consider Mark somewhat of a fathering figure to the boys. He is loved by everyone, and is always respected. I think it is unfortunate about how for example Jimmys life is turning out. Not only does it hurt Jimmy, but I think it hurts Mark as well.

We have all gone through something like that, when we applied to college! Each and every one of us went through the same process, of filling out the application, sending the test scores, the fee, and then waiting for "the big, tall, white, envelope." Many of us applied to schools, we would never be able to attend, just to see if we would be accepted. For example, I applied to a university in Sligo, Ireland. After that we all remember making those frequent trips to the mailbox to see if anything has arrived, and then to double check to make sure you didn't forget anything by mistake. It would take anywhere between one to four weeks, to hear from the school of our dreams, until the day came. The day where we opened the mail box and saw the big, tall, white envelope! I think that day is a day we will all remember forever. Whether you get accepted or rejected, its a time you will never forget. Eight years from now, when I am graduated, at my job, I will recall on the days I heard from colleges.

1 comment:

  1. Man I know I was too spooked when it came on waiting for colleges responses. Luckily we all heard back from Columbia

    ReplyDelete