Thursday, August 26, 2010

Carmelo: Last day response

In the past 4 weeks while being at the bridge i learned a lot about college life and how it will not be easy, it takes time and effort to get it right. I also learned that i just need to be more focused on the assignment and really understand what i am doing and why to really get through the college work. One of the major habits i need to change before September 7th is procrastination, i need to make sure i get my assignments done and not put them to side until the end of the day.I also really need to adapt a time managed lifestyle, i am so use of doing things at the moment that i have never really managed my time of what needs to get done and when or how.
A perfect semester to me is getting all my work done on time with straight A's and on top of that being able to hangout with friends, party and do my art of Audio and Dj. To do all of this i am going to have to learn how to say no to my friends that want to hangout during the week or party during the weekend so i can get all or any of my work done and make sure it is my best quality of work before enjoying myself.
Again my major obstacle is procrastination, no one else is stopping me from getting my work done except for me. I am going to really have to get into my studies and make them interesting to me. My personal life is not too bad because the people i have surrounded myself with understand that school is important and support me and understand i need to get my homework done before going out to the movies or park, when my friends ask me to go out and i tell them i have homework they actually tell me i can't go out and need to finish my homework.
A precaution i can take to over come procrastination is probably when i get homework is to shut off myself from the electronic world of cellphone, TV, and internet and get right into studying. This does seem a little extreme but its the only way i feel i will be able to not procrastinate and i definitely understand that it is easier said than done but i am willing to put the time and effort into this change to better my future not only at Columbia College but also the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment