Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 12: Richard

Meagan’s Response:

There were times where I have made bad decisions when I was a youngster but because I was so naive I never really cared what someone had to say unless it was my father. From Assistant teachers to Principals I never tolerated being accused or lectured at because it was part of my nature to rebel. I hated being blamed for stuff I didn’t not but it gave me the center of attention so I didn’t hate the fact of me being in trouble made me talk of the school hallways. So I repeatedly do things to get this attention because my parents would argue so much that I wouldn’t get any attention from them so I kept getting in trouble. Starting fights, cussing, talking back, throwing stuff, pointing lasers, etc; and I never seem to understand that it will hurt me in the end. Looking back at all the stuff I had done back in the day I never truthfully figured out why I kept this behavior going when I should have tried to change my ways as soon as possible, that why I’m in the predicament I’m in now. See after finally realizing I needed a change I soon hit the books and made sure I didn’t slack off as much but things still happened that I’m not proud of. Now that I’m at the peak of changing my whole perspective I need to take full responsibility and make sure I do what is needed to be done.

Ashley’s Response:

I’m very impatient with decisions made by higher ups because most of them don’t care about your story they just see a number and race then decide whether you get what you deserve. To me I’ve feel like there is no way to get something unless you try to tell these people your story and your future. So far these past couple of weeks has been like hell because I’m waiting on this plus loan to get through so I can go to school. I feel like it’s not fair to just deny someone something just because they have had bad stipulations in the past. My mother can barely take care of just one child alone but she can work miracles. When I was denied the first time I kind of thought my life was over from the get go but I keep faith that I’ll make it through the storm. I kept trying to find ways to get 25,000 so I can got school and help my mother and my father as they helped raise me that’s all I have ever wanted. I do have selfish thoughts of just being some famous person but if I have enough to take care of my family and those who came before me I would be satisfied. My whole life is now like at a standstill because I know that this decision can help me achieve that goal or destroy my bridge to get across to success. I may seem blunt when I’m around people about the situation but it’s kind of like a big deal; and I know it’s not the end of the world but it will be a great opportunity to have as I journey to become a greater person.

No comments:

Post a Comment