Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 12: Chris

Megan Response:

To be honest, at one point of my life the only thing I could make was bad decisions. They often led to me in a lot of trouble or suspended from school or pissing off my parents. I use to have nothing but regret for these actions, but over time I just learned to live with them and use them as a means of learning. Its not the fact that you made this bad decision, but can you recover from it. I know for a fact I've recovered from mine and now I'm working towards my future. The same happens with Marjane in Persepolis, she makes horrible decisions by smoking weed all day and eventually even starts dealing it. Luckily she recognizes she's in the wrong and works hard to fix it. I believe there's a lesson in every decision we make whether its good or bad and these types of decisions will be around for our entire life. Like now we're all making the decision to be in this bridge program for Columbia, some of us might look at this as a bad thing later on and even regret doing it. Also some of us might not even the pass the bridge program and think it was a bad decision to have even tried it. Making decisions isn't as easy as some try to make it and even the best decision we feel we've ever made might be a bad decision to another person. At the end of the day its all about what you think about the decisions you've made.

Ashly Response:

I think the main thing everyone in "The Complete Persepolis" is waiting on is the end of the war, since this is a big thing affecting all of their lives. With the end of the war I think a time of peace will once again come to Iran and the people will no longer fear to walk the streets. The war is bringing nothing but pain and suffering to the people of Iran for them to have to sit around and hope for a end has to be discouraging. I think all of us in the bridge program are waiting for that big decision on if we made it in or not. Everyone knows whatever decision is made will affect the rest of our lives and maybe cause a huge within ourselves. If some of us don't make its almost like starting from scratch, because for some this is the only college they have interest and without it they may become lost. I know I have a back up plan if I don't make, but at the same time I would be crushed tremendously. The worst part about waiting for such big things to happen is how off it can make a person. One may become extremely nervous and just begin to doubt their chances of the decision swaying in their favor. The wait on if I will become a part of Columbia makes me at times a bit uneasy. I just don't want to have to work so hard for something over the course of 4 weeks for someone to just tell me "that wasn't good enough" When it comes to waiting you just have to be optimistic and hope for the best. Its sorta like a blind faith and you just have to believe in yourself and make sure what you're waiting for is worth it. I believe Columbia is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment