Thursday, August 26, 2010

Final Day- Megan Schaus

The Bridge Program proved to me that I have what it takes to handle college. It has confirmed that I am mentally prepared to take on a new enviorment and prepare for my future. It made me realize that this isn't high school anymore, and I am on my own. I am responsible for the decisions I make. By being a part of the Bridge Program, I feel it has matured me, and forced me to grow up. By September 7th, I feel I have to work on my organization skills, and buy things such as planners, to catagorize my time. I need to eliminate some hours from my work schedule, and prepare to use the majority of my free time studying.
My perfect semester would be flawless, meaning A's in every class, a growing gpa, and comfort and confidence in all of my classes. To achieve this, I know I am going to have to try as hard as I can, and work the hardest I have ever worked, but in the end I know it will be worth it. I know in my heart, that Columbia College is where I want to be. I know that I will be sucessful and it will bring out the best person in me. Theres no words to explain how excited I would be to begin my future here.
In my head I see my time spent at Columbia, flawless, but I know there will always be challanges and conflicts that come along the way. Four weeks ago, I would have said that I would think participation would have been a problem for me in college, but after the Bridge Program I feel comfortable talking outloud and actually expressing my thoughts. I enjoy raising my hand and sharing my ideas with other people. If I had to think of a possible acedemic conflict, it would most likely be being a full time student and working. As of now, I work 35 hours a week. I realize that I will have to cut down when the school year begins. I will then only be working 7-10 hours a week. I think I will have what it takes to make this work, and I am going to try my hardest to balance my time with both. if it doesn't work out, I will quit my job, because going to Columbia is far more important to me. I really love my job, but I am willing to give that all up for this school. In four to five years, I am going to walk across the stage. Why? Because, I am going to try harder than I have ever tried in my life. I know I have what it takes to make this work. I am not going to let my high school ways slow me down. We all are lucky enough to start with a clean slate, but I am going to make it a goal and not get it dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment