Thursday, August 19, 2010

Georges Response Day 13

Allie:

During Mark's class some of the boys tend to verbally battle with Benny Wong. Benny always points out the logical and usually Nathaniel or Francisco are there to go the opposite direction. Benny is more than willing to stick to his guns, not just prove the others wrong or right. In all aspects of it you can see Benny is even trying to change the other slightly, broaden their minds and stop being so one sided. I have made false judgments on many occasions of many people. One in particular is now my best friend. It couldn't have been more than a week in freshman year and this kid sits next to me for the first time, he wasn't there the whole first week. Right off the bat I thought great, now I got a sketch ball dirt bag who is going to come to class to rip on the teacher and when he feels like coming in. To my surprise, he ended up talking to me first and I knew my judging was wrong right away. I found out the reason he had not been in class for the week was because he was in Europe and literally just got off the plane. I've been to Europe and it's a long flight, your not the best looking person at the end of it. This could explain the dirt bag part stereotype I mentioned because he looked like crap and strung out. Now he is one of, if not, my best friend. That brings me back to my official unofficial judgment of myself being a dick. I don't see how this can come into somebody's mind first. Unless I really come off as a dick I have nothing to complain about but when I hear that it makes me think of how I really present myself. Maybe not right then and there but when that happens I sit and think of all the possible ways I can come off as that. I still haven't figured it out, if anyone thought that of me first let me know!

Bashkim:

When I was younger I went to meetings for kids that were involved with addiction in the family, all we did was talk about us. I would feel like the world was lifted from my shoulders every time I walked out that place. Even while I was talking everything negative that was coming out of my mouth felt like it was being sucked out of my body. The anger, sadness, and experiences would dissipate. I still have these things in my mind but now they are just morsels compared to mountains. I highly suggest to talk about problems but with people that not only listen but have experienced some of the same things, and overcame them. I recommend this because if you are a bottle-er and never tried talking to anyone than you can very well be missing out on life changing/saving conversation and people. From my experience which lasted a little over two years I can say I came a long way. Not only am I a better person but now I have experience on both sides, misery and rehabilitation of personality, perspective, and life. Without the chance to be able to speak I can very much not be who I turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment