Thursday, August 12, 2010

Carmelo's Single Stories

What is my single story?
As i walk down the halls of my high school i can see everyone stop and talking with their friends, some at the their lockers and some just in the middle of the hall, as for myself i was headed straight for class. I would get to class early, sit in the front, and just do my work. It wasn't until we were forced to get into groups that i would start to talk to people and that was when people got to know me. I have shocked people in the past because once we were in these groups they would find out that i was not the "quite smart kid with glasses" they thought i was. I guess you can say some of that is true but i don't feel the quite and smart part is. I can be quit loud and annoying and the people that know me like that sometimes wish i was quite and the my grades can not back up the smart part, i was a below average student in high school and did not really do my homework until now.
I guess you can say that i have more than one single story, that first story was from the students in my class. This second single story is from my fellow theatre peers who think im a total cold-hearten asshole and don't care about them. Now was this true, no. Did i act like that, yes but only because if i wasn't i knew nothing would get done. It wasn't until i started hanging out with some of them outside of the theatre that many came to realize that i wasn't a total asshole and actually cared about them, i told them that we were a family and being the oldest i was just looking out for them; teaching them that in the work field there is not always a family like work ethnic similar to the one we had in the theatre and that most bosses are not going to let you come to work late or leave earlier or take breaks whenever you want. In the end they understood and when i ever i yelled at them or was mad at them for something that happened in the theatre, they knew not to take it personally and i was just in "theatre techie mode" and they also had to explain that to all the newbies i yelled at on their first day, but that is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment