Monday, August 16, 2010

Chris Responce Day 10- Megan Schaus

Chris-
I think every character in True Notebooks, is going through something like this, even Mark. I think a lot of readers don't consider the fact, that before Central, the boys had a regular life. Then, one day everything changed in their lives, because they were negatively influenced. At that time, this was considered a negative change. The boys went to jail, and had to carry their burden of rebellious behavior. Then when Mark begins teaching his creative writing class at Central, a positive change occurs. I think the fact that Mark gave the boys a chance for knowledge, and a time to show their creativity and talent is such a great change in their lives. It gives the boys something more to think about, instead of thinking they are locked up in a cell, they have the opportunity to contemplate what they are going to write about in the next class. I don't only consider this a positive change, but a change that will impact their lives forever.
Mark is another character that went through changes. At first I think he was hesitiant because of the fact it was a correctional facility, but the attitude and personality of the inmates turned it all around. Mark idenified the talent and creativity the boys put toward their writing, and Mark was able to benefit from that. Mark has definitely been developing into a better, stronger person, than he was at the beginning of the novel.
When I graduated from high school, I promised myself I would never be the person I was for the last four years. I knew college would be different for me because I was going to be who I am, instead of someone people wanted me to be. Being in high school, taught me a lesson and gave me an idea who not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment