Monday, August 16, 2010

Eli Question Response

I think that Mark would somehow feel responsible for the any of his kids serving a life sentence and being extradited to prision. I feel like i dont know exactly why this is true. But when really thinking about it.... I think that mark is taking more responsibilty for the kids. Why would i say that you ask? Its simple, Mark is there for one when he really diddnt have to come. I feel that just by comming Mark has a feeling of responsibility. I think that if something drastic was to happen to the future of the boys...like a proud parent i think certain feelings would surface in mark about the negative impact on the boys. I think that mark would feel partially responsible.
I know this sounds kind of wierd but i Also think that Margie would feel responsible for her parents becoming prisoners of war. First off for some reason we have this crazy notion that alot of things that happends to our parents is our fault. Secondly Margine had this notion that she was suppose to be a prophet. With a mind set like that i would think that you would have a belief that you were responsible for lots of people. Including your own two parents that were locked away in impresonment from there own goverment.

If i were in there postions i would be puzzled! I would ask god why this had happend to my family? I would ask God why my he had to pick my mother and father to be locked up and ...i dont know why but im sure at one point i would say to myself why not me? Because thats a very powerful question. And i feel that it would help to aliviate any angry feelings against God. If i were in marks shoes i would feel responsible somewhat. I would know its my students falut. But something inside me would still force me to take a portion of the responsibilty even tho i may have actually had nothing to do with the incident.

1 comment:

  1. Eli, I found it interesting how you thought Mark would take the responsibility of what is happening to them. I see what you mean when you say he is like a parent figure. Even at the retreat he was so proud of everything the boys had written, just like a real parent would be. Also how you said Marji would feel responsible for her parents. I feel like most children do blame themselves for what happens to their parents. My best friend in middle schools parents had gotten a divorce and she blamed her self for it, even though her dad cheated. She thought it was all her fault, so I see exactly why you think marji would blame herself.

    ReplyDelete