Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bashkim: Final Bridge Response

This new college experience has taught me many things. An important thing I learned is that in college, you are pretty much on your own. There will not be teachers that keep an eye on you and make sure your work is finished. I learned that the only way to graduate college is if you try your hardest and commit to it one hundred percent. College is more an independent thing because it all comes down to what you do in school. Another thing I learned was that networking is one of the most important things to do at Columbia. Meeting new people is always a good thing and the more people you know, the more connections you will have concerning your career and happiness. Even money is a huge issue at Columbia. I learned that even though it could be hard to pay off, it’ll be worth it later on in the future when your career turns out to be the thing you love doing the most.

Going through this experience, I learned a whole lot about myself. I never really noticed I had the potential of being a college student until I came to the bridge program. I am capable of doing a lot of things and I never realized how easy it is to progress on something if you just give it a chance. It got me thinking that being in this program made me realize that a lot of things are possible. I was never a good student in school but ever since I came to the bridge program, I learned that I could be a good student if I tried.

There are some habits that I need to get rid of. Those habits are the reasons why I was never an A+ student. I need to stop procrastinating and just finish my work with complete concentration. I need to stay away from things that would distract me from doing my work. I also need to start thinking of school as a very important thing and also a privilege. One thing I would love to change about myself is not being able to think at times. I hate when I’m in the middle of a sentence and then I just forget the rest of what I was going to write. It really annoys me when that happens. But I think that happens because I’m not too concentrated on it and that is another thing I need to work on.

I feel like the obstacle to having a successful two semesters would be time and my social life. Right what I can do is that I can look at my schedule and set up some type of routine for each day. I can notify my friends and family about my schedule and what’s going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment