Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Georges Response Day 12

Megan's Question:

Neglecting work among other things I've done to hurt me through high school was one of the worst decisions of my life thus far. Starting from freshman year I slacked and slacked and was on the verge, this senior year of not graduating. I was angry not with anyone in particular but myself. I wanted to get out of high school and knew I never wanted to go back. I felt regret like it was running through my veins. On the plus side failure was not an option and I graduated, I did all the of the things it took to pass and not have to go to summer school. This was the only summer beside going into sophomore year where I didn't have summer school. I only applied to one school and that school was Columbia. I am in the Bridge Program now but I, and I'm sure everyone else here wishes they could have just gotten a "yes". I know the reason I'm sitting here is because I didn't make the "A's" or the GPA wasn't high. So far the the affects of this have been positive. I still am lucky enough to get an opportunity to attend Columbia in the fall, and I've been thinking more than I have ever thought, I think.

Ashly's Question:

It's easy to say that all of the kids in True Notebooks are waiting for their sentences, Mark is there waiting for something also. Mark is waiting for that book he is trying to write to just click. Nothing directly says what he is waiting for but you know he wants the book finished. He joined the writing class to find inspiration. I'm far along in the book and he still hasn't found. Maybe these kids aren't the ones to give him the inspiration, or he should just wait longer. Nothing I've ever waited for turned in to something to drastic or life changing. Most recently, at the beginning of this year my friend bought a Macbook Pro and used it to create beats. I've been introduced to making beats before but mostly stuck with my acoustic guitar, my music perspective changed. I knew I wanted to purchase a Macbook but after making beats for so long with my friend I wanted it for a whole new reason. With my birthday and graduation not to far off I decided that was the time for like one in two deal to hustle the parents. My mom agreed that would be good, especially for college so when my birthday hit that was it. Best Buy never seemed so awesome, I knew what I wanted; where it was; that was it. I walked out of the door so fast to get home and when I did my music started instantly, at least after I set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment