Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Georges Response

Megan's question response

In True Notebooks Jimmy seemed to have lost all hope in religion due to his brother's illness. He disregards anything that anyone has to say about religion or if not battles the words of anyone speaking for it. This is a very negative change in religion, but I've never and hope I never experience what Jimmy's gone through. It's negative but when you believe in religion or god and something so bad is brought upon someone you love, and religion/god is said to be in control of those things, who else is there to blame. Religion to me is a funny subject to discuss, I would say there was a point where I wanted nothing to do with religion because of family issues. I was young when this was all going through my head, no later than sixth or seventh grade. Up until I was a freshman in high school I realized that it's not worth blaming religion and still pray and ask for help if needed. What my thought processed turned out to be is that a higher power has control but a persons actions are brought upon by themselves, or in Jimmy's case you learn to cope with such a terrible situation and even learn from it. As for society, I am impacted everyday . The people I meet and the people I just see shift the way I am at that moment. For a simple example when I see someone smiling at me and they say "hi", I'm going to be in a better; happier mood. That's whats positive and negative about society, we can all impact each other. In general there are negative effects society has like bullying in schools; embarrassment; things that can really have a long lasting effect on people. There is also the positive, helping people who are struggling with about anything, and the famous helping the old lady across the street.

4 comments:

  1. Me and you think the same when it comes to religion. I too wanted to just give up on it and often found it silly, but that doesn't mean you can blame religion for every problem the world faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours views on religion are very wise. Most people don't understand that if you pray everyday and be a good citizen, strife and conflict can still be brought into your life at any point. Karma is so much more of a realistic route, and while it still gives religious principles of "acting good", i still think its more beneficial to follow. By doing good and planting seeds of positives and helping others, comes back to you. It seems as if people with religion don't think too often about when things are going well. I'm happy to say everything in my life is working out right now, and that shows i am doing a good job maintaing Karma, and not only helping out myself. And when things go wrong, it just helps me to shape up even more and do something, rather than getting on my knees and "asking."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris is right. You can't really blame religion on alot of things that happen but alot of people tend to. Coming from a religious background, I see that and I know people are not right to blame God for things that happen just cause of the fact people want to say that "he" told them to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I agree with you their was a point where I didn't want to be involved in religion.I just worried about other things like hanging out with my friends and going out. And I thought religion was different but I like it. And I know that everything happens for a reason.We Just don't know why it happens to us. I do believe in Karma though I think what goes around comes around in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete